Thursday, April 24, 2014

Tired of Being Tired

  That's the day when, you arise off the couch, out of bed and stand tall, with shoulders back. To look at yourself in the mirror and smile. And say today is the day. Nothing nor NO ONE will stand in my way!
Even though I was scared uneducated to the whole fitness , nutrition world, I only was comforted by eating McDonalds, Wendys, or microwaved pizzas, chips, dips and cable tv, I jumped out of my comfort zone and felt empowered!! The more I went to the gym, the more people started speaking to me. The more educated I was getting. Looking up what "eating clean" was about, to apps of calorie counting. Then the gadgets that counting calories burned and the scale became my obsession. That's a whole other story.
It was time to stop looking at other women in envy, to stop thinking of how fat I was, how it was  unachievable  to reach, what I thought was beauty. But to strap on my gym shoes and go walk. Try Zumba and feel like wow this is fun, I had a fire in me of wanting more intensity. So I looked into the turbo kick class. It started to snow ball into a addiction , almost. I stayed on my counting calories, I moved at least a hr each day , started eating REAL food and saw results!
It had to start somewhere. Not when the Dr said you need to lose weight, while prescribing you HBP meds or the mean children called you fat ass, or when you shopped in plus size stores only, not trying anything on, just getting the dark and biggest size, not crying in bed day after day or even your husband/wife telling you that you can be whomever you want. It took ME to be tired of being tired.
www.facebook.com/ItsRealandImLivingIt


No comments:

Post a Comment